Re: GNOME new file selection dialogs

> > > Thanks for that little rant; it made my day. I recently switched from
> > > mozilla to firefox and the new file dialog is driving me up the wall...
> >
> > Ah, if it were only a rant.  The problem is that the Gnomies actually
> > feel they're in the right.
>
> I'd noticed recently that file dialogs were stupid in Firefox, but I hadn't
> realised that it was being imposed on me more generally.  I don't even USE
> Gnome, I use Xfce.  And yet now this stupid file dialog shows up
> everywhere.  Who ARE these people who think they can dictate what happens
> on my computer?  Gnomies, huh?  Well they need to get a clue.

I'm using konqueror since I've found that nasty file dialog (that crap didn't
even allow me to download in my own home directory, it forced me to use
Desktop (?) folder).  The only thing I really missed from firefox is
Tabbrowser extension, hopefully konqueror developers will add some similar
functionalities in konqueror :)

--
Toshiro
http://www.perlhowto.com