Re: System configuration profile manager

Roberto Bernetti wrote:
Hi all
I'm moving, for my laptop, from SuSE 9.2 to Debian.

Welcome aboard!

One of the packages I appreciated was System configuration profile manager I used to switch configuration from my different office or at home.
Is there anything similar in Debian?

$ apt-cache search laptop|grep net |sort
ifplugd - A configuration daemon for ethernet devices
ifscheme - scheme control for network interfaces
laptop-net - Automatically adapt laptop ethernet
laptop-netconf - network detection and configuration program for laptops
laptop-net-doc - Automatically adapt laptop ethernet - documentation
netapplet - User-friendly network interface control applet

aptitude provides more information on the respective packages.

also look at

Johannes