Re: loading module on boot

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 00:18:26 -0400, David Zelinsky wrote:
[..]
>The ide-cd entry in /etc/modules-2.6 _is_ getting read, because it
>prints something in the boot messages saying it's loading ide-cd.  But
>either the load is failing for some reason, or it's getting unloaded by
>some other script.

What is it printing?
Does it turn up in dmesg or any of the system logs?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

If our ideas of intellectual property are wrong, we must change them,
improve them and return them to their original purpose. When
intellectual property rules diminish the supply of new ideas, they
steal from all of us.
     -- Andrew Brown, November 19, 2005, The Guardian