Re: Tor

On 6/10/06, David R. Litwin <presently42@gmail.com> wrote:

This software looks very interesting to me. As
you seem to be familiar with it, how would
you say it affects speed? Is there a drastic
reduction?

Speed depends on the bandwidth each Tor server is willing to share.
But, the price of anonimity through Tor is about the speed of a
28.8-56k connection.  It slows things down.

Would I be able to use a p2p file-sharing or bit torrent
programme, or would these simply be too much to handle?

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/doc/AnonBT/
http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/May-2005/msg00013.html

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in