Re: Problems with SkyStar 2 DVB-S card

Solved, the problem was that the module dvb-core should be loaded as
"modprobe dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0"
and therefore I've put it in /etc/hotplug/blacklist "dvb_core" and other dvb-core dependend modules. But after update (I am currently on testing) I also needed to add these lines to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, but I was not aware of it. Thanks anyway. Mailing lists is really a good place to go after man pages and googling :)
Vladi Lemurov <fix@stekloprom.ru> writes:

But when we do "dvbtraffic" we see no output, as usual (there were
some digits, frequencies, bandwidths or something else). We tried to
change upgrade the kernel (at the time we use 2.6.12) to 2.6.15, no
help. So we are stuck, no more ideas left except trying the fresh
install :-) If somebody has ideas or have already had similar
situation would you please help.  Vladi.

Tough question. May be you should ask directly on linux-dvb mailing
list [1].

Cheers

[1] http://linuxtv.org/lists.php