ppp multi provider

Hi all,

I have a computer with a two 56k serial modem that serve internet connectivity to my lan. I have different providers (ISP) and I sometimes I need both connections UP. Is the first time i use ppp on linux, i've checked some howto and yes, i'm a little confused. pon, poff, chat, and the two type of authentication available (CHAP and PAP)..

I need to do all via a non interactive way since the all configuration need to be managed by an application on the webserver and i wonder what is the best way. I have all the ISP data (phone number, user, password) given via webinterface and I need to generate the configuration on the fly.

Thanks for any answer.

Lawrence