Re: local (parallel) printer does not show up when configuring cups

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:09:13PM -0400, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
  <snip>
> Anyway I still don't get a printout. CUPS-setup via http://localhost:631 still
> does not show lp. But with KDE I can configure the printer, CUPS then sees
> it. But when I submit a printjob I get the error: "Printer not connected".

When you set up the printer under KDE, did you use a '/dev/*' URI?
Those don't work for some arcane reason with the new CUPS system.  With
the printer plugged in and turned on, do you get a weird-looking
'hp:<something>' URI?  I think that's what you have to use.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
  Generated by Signify v1.14.  For this and more, visit http://www.debian.org/