Re: problem with etch2 netinstaller on laptop

Alle 05:17, sabato 10 giugno 2006, Christopher Nelson ha scritto:

> So what exactly happens?  Does it hard-freeze?  Is there an 'ok' box on
> the screen?  What can and/or can't you do from there?  It sounds like a
> warning, not a critical error.
Hi
I tryed Ubuntu and Mepis but I still prefer Debian and I'd like to make it
work on my laptop.
After the warning the software installation step was interrupted, I was able
to continue the installation till the end, but the system had the xwindow not
working.
I solved selecting only the installation of base system in tasksel step of the
installer and after the reboot I run again tasksel and safe complete the
software installation.
At the moment I had the following two open problem:

1: video card intel 945GM doesn't work at its best, the system choose the vesa
driver, on the intel site it is not very clear how to install their software
to use with debian

2: intel wireless PRO/wireless doesn't work same problem at the intel site

Any help?
--
Saluti
Roberto