problem with etch2 netinstaller on laptop

Hi
I'm trying to install Debian on a fujitsu-siemens Si1520 with the following
characteristics:
processor centrino duo t2300
video intel 945gm
nic intel pro/100 and w3945abg
HD SATA fujitsu 60 GB
cdrw/dvdRW DL NEC
audio intel HDA
I experienced the following problems:
the sarge netinstaller is not able to detect the Hard Drive so I tried to use
the etch2 installer with the following problem:
it doesn't complete the step of the software installation complaining that the
"upgrading processes doesn't install the package xserver-xorg if you need that
you have to verify that the package is installed", this in the case I choose
in tasksel not to install the desktop packages too.

--
Saluti
Roberto