Re: GNOME new file selection dialogs

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 09:23:20AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> Why?

Because WauWau, Havoc, and the rest of their happy-go-lucky band are
convinced that they know far, far, far better than you how you should be
using your computer.

Which would be fine, after all... it's easy to ignore Gnome.  Except that
they've also decided that GTK is no longer a general-purpose toolkit, but
*their* toolkit.  So anyone using GTK gets infected with their sh*t.

You can't talk to them about it... they whine about how obviously you're
not part of their target audience.  They're right, we're not.  We make a
conscious decision not to use the disaster they've created, and then they
go and make that impossible by infecting normal software.

Unfortunate, really.

--
 Marc Wilson |     When you meet a master swordsman, show him your
 msw@cox.net |     sword.  When you meet a man who is not a poet, do