Re: Building rawimage fails

Stephen Cormier wrote:

On Thursday 08 June 2006 00:55, Bruno Buys wrote:
I'm trying to build rawimage, a kfile plugin for raw image formats
(http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=30971).

The problem is, I'm failing with the same error of this guy:

*** Warning: Linking the shared library kfile_rawimage.la against the
*** static library /usr/lib/perl/5.8/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a is not
portable!
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kfile_rawimage.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/Software/SoftwareTesting/SourceFiles/rawimage-0.4/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/Software/SoftwareTesting/SourceFiles/rawimage-0.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

And here's the reply from the developer:

Yes, you need libperl.so somewhere in your lib-path and
Encode.so,Zlib.so, MD5.so, POSIX.so, IO.so and ExifTool in your PERLLIB
path. So what does 'locate libperl.so' says? In Gentoo your missing
package is called 'sys-devel/libperl'.

So, how do I fix this on my debian sarge machine? If it helps, 'locate
libperl.so' says (but i have no idea what to do with it):

/usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8
/usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8.7

apt-file seems to suggest you need libperl-dev if you install it you can find the other packages you may need as well.

$ apt-file search libperl.so
libperl-dev: usr/lib/libperl.so
perl-base: usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8
perl-base: usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8.8
weechat-plugins: usr/lib/weechat/plugins/libperl.so
weechat-plugins: usr/lib/weechat/plugins/libperl.so.0
weechat-plugins: usr/lib/weechat/plugins/libperl.so.0.0.0

Stephen

hi stephen,
The problem is, libperl-dev is broken under sarge:

frank:/home/bruno# apt-get install libperl-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

libperl-dev: Depends: perl (= 5.8.4-8sarge4) but 5.8.7-6 is to be installed Depends: libperl5.8 (= 5.8.4-8sarge4) but 5.8.7-6 is to be installed
E: Broken packages