Re: Building rawimage fails

On Thursday 08 June 2006 00:55, Bruno Buys wrote:
> I'm trying to build rawimage, a kfile plugin for raw image formats
> (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=30971).
>
> The problem is, I'm failing with the same error of this guy:
>
> *** Warning: Linking the shared library kfile_rawimage.la against the
> *** static library /usr/lib/perl/5.8/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a is not
> portable!
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lperl
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [kfile_rawimage.la] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/Software/SoftwareTesting/SourceFiles/rawimage-0.4/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/Software/SoftwareTesting/SourceFiles/rawimage-0.4'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> And here's the reply from the developer:
>
> Yes, you need libperl.so somewhere in your lib-path and
> Encode.so,Zlib.so, MD5.so, POSIX.so, IO.so and ExifTool in your PERLLIB
> path. So what does 'locate libperl.so' says? In Gentoo your missing
> package is called 'sys-devel/libperl'.
>

> So, how do I fix this on my debian sarge machine? If it helps, 'locate
> libperl.so' says (but i have no idea what to do with it):
>
> /usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8
> /usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8.7

apt-file seems to suggest you need libperl-dev if you install it you can find
the other packages you may need as well.

>$ apt-file search libperl.so
libperl-dev: usr/lib/libperl.so
perl-base: usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8
perl-base: usr/lib/libperl.so.5.8.8
weechat-plugins: usr/lib/weechat/plugins/libperl.so
weechat-plugins: usr/lib/weechat/plugins/libperl.so.0
weechat-plugins: usr/lib/weechat/plugins/libperl.so.0.0.0

Stephen

--
GPG Pubic Key: http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/publickey.asc