Re: dpenedencies in testing totally broken :(

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 03:47:44AM +0200, lee wrote:

> The problem is the broken dependencies. If you install Xorg, you get
> conflicts with packages or unfullfilled dependencies with packages
> that have not been adapted to Xorg. Dselect deselected lots of
> packages I want to keep automatically, and I cannot reselect them
> manually for installation. Currently, it looks like this:
>

> yun:/home/lee# dselect
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED
>   gdm* giflib3g gnome-system-tools gnome-utils gtk-led-askpass libdirectfb-extra libdmx1 libdps1 libgdk-pixbuf2 libglide2 libmagick6 libqt4-gui libqt4-qt3support librsvg2-bin libsdl-mixer1.2

the asterisk by gdm means its trying to purge it, I think. When did
you tell it to purge gdm? I think that may be your problem.  It looks
to me, from the below, that it is mostly trying to remove xorg. sad to
say, you may have to go through with it to get out of this. but I'm
curious to know how you got it to want to purge gdm. If you can
somehow undo that, you may have the rest of this solved. my .02