Re: two external HD

On Sunday 04 June 2006 12:54, gustavo halperin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have one external HD of 40MB with two fat32 partitions and one ext3
> partition.
> Today I bought another external HD, but now of 80MG and I create there
> four Primary Partitions of 20MG each one.
>
> If I work with only one external HD, every think is OK, but when I try
> to use both external HD together always the small HD hang and then I
> only can mount it again if I unmount the Big HD.
>
> I don't remember if the partitions in the Small HD were extensions or
> Primary Partitions, I also don't know if it is important.
>
> Can any one see the problem of work with these two HD at the same time
> ??
>
>   Thank very much,
>       Gustavo Halperin

What is the I/O interface? USB would see the drives as scsi , and you
would need to have the appropriate device name for each.
sdax,sdbx, ...etc. I don't know if the position of the jumper on the
drives makes a difference, I would put the jumpers on master for each one
to test. I don't run two externals per se, but my Printer has a card
reader that is detected as a scsi storage device and I have an external
USB drive, so technically I suppose I do have two, never use the printer
card reader though. I run internal scsi drives also so their are multiple
scsi buses and devices with no issues.
--
Greg Madden