two external HD

Hello

I have one external HD of 40MB with two fat32 partitions and one ext3 partition. Today I bought another external HD, but now of 80MG and I create there four Primary Partitions of 20MG each one.

If I work with only one external HD, every think is OK, but when I try to use both external HD together always the small HD hang and then I only can mount it again if I unmount the Big HD.

I don't remember if the partitions in the Small HD were extensions or Primary Partitions, I also don't know if it is important.

Can any one see the problem of work with these two HD at the same time ??

 Thank very much,
     Gustavo Halperin