Re: smart package manager

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 10:30:34 -0400, Stephen wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:20:43PM -0600 or thereabouts, Joseph Smidt wrote:
>> There is talk about the smart package manager.  It claims it will handle
>> package managing better than APT.  Is this true or propaganda?  If it is
>> true, will there be a future switch from APT to this SMART?  Could it be a
>> potential etch +1 goal?  Just wondering.
>
>Are you referring to Aptitude ? It's available either in a curses
>display (I think it's curses) or from the command line.

No, he's referring to smart:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Package_Manager

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Unreadable code,
Why would anyone use it?
Learn a better way.
     -- Geoff Kuenning's contribution to the 2004 Perl Haiku Contest,
        Haikus about Perl - 'Dishonerable Mention' winner