grub problem

Hello,

I have a machine with Windows XP and Debian (sarge) installed. The boot
manager is GRUB. The machine was working fine, but suddently GRUB
doesn't boot the system any more. At boot time I get the following:

> GRUB loading stage 1.5
> GRUB loading, please wait...

and the system freezes. I wonder if reinstalling GRUB from the Debian CD
will fix things. But how can I reinstall GRUB from the Debian CD without
passing through the partitioner? I want to keep all the information
present in the disk, and each time I want to jump directly to install
GRUB, I am faced with the partitioner. (and no, I don't have a rescue
disk...)

Thanks in advance

Marcelo

--