XvMC on an i915 with X.Org 7.0

Greetings:

I am trying to get XvMC working on a Dell GX280 with integrated intel
i915 graphics. This is a system running etch and the upgrade to X.Org
7.0 seems to be working fine in all other respects. Xorg.0.log has
this entry: "(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation" but
xdpyinfo does not show this extension. There are no errors reported.

The only oddity I can see is that lspci shows two things that look
like graphics controllers:

0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Graphics Controller (rev 04)
0000:00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82915G Express Chipset Family Graphics Controller (rev 04)

and Xorg.0.log contains this:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
(--) Chipset 915G found

Of course, it's possible that the chipset in this machine is crippled
somehow; you never know with Dell. Has anyone out there gotten XvMC
working on an i915?

-- Mark