Apache2 & fcgid

I'm trying to get some basic FCGI stuff running on my (new to me) apache2 server.

I uninstalled apache and installed apache2 on this box.

The current installation is entirely "default" with the exception of the servername and serveradmin directives.

I've put in some information from what I have working on this box right now and let me say it's very nice. No, actually is a wonderful experience to have something "just work" like this. I'm thrilled.

But now I have about 10,000 questions about what I'm doing and what I just did.

So with that I'll just ask for one:
I've been a moderate user of Apache for some time. Nothing too extravagent but I do have virual hosting on one server. Where can I go to get some information on the care and feeding of Apache2 and how it's different from Apache(1). FWIW, I'm running the threaded version.

The rest of this email is in case someone else wants to try FCGI.

I've put a file (test.fcgi) in my /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ directory.

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

contents of test.fcgi:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use FCGI;

$cnt = 0;

while (FCGI::accept() >= 0)
{
   print ("Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n");
   print  ("<h1>FastCGI Demo Page (perl)</h1>\n");
   print ("This is coming from a FastCGI server.\n<BR>\n");
   print ("Running on <EM>$ENV{USER}</EM> to <EM>$ENV{REMOTE_HOST}</EM>\n<BR>\n");
   $cnt++;
   print ("This is connection number $cnt\n");
}