New DVD-R/RW/RAM drive

Hi all,

I'll be getting a new Sony DRX 820UL/T drive in within the next week. Does anyone here have any experience getting it to work (obviously I mean with debian)? I would like to use it with my pmac running sarge and plan to put testing on some spare partitions on it pretty soon. Also, I would like to use it on my iBook with sarge which only has USB (i.e. no firewire) and on an hp intel machine with testing on it that would be useful to use it on (also possibly having only USB).

jeff