Re: PalmOS devices conflict with the kernel image?

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 22:53 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> Okay, I did a little research.  The kernel actually depends on
> initramfs-tools, which depends on udef.  If I replace initramfs-tools with
> yaird, in principle I can then reinstall hotplug and my system will work
> again.
>
> Unfortunately, for Testing yaird is currently uninstallable:
>
>   libxvmc-dev: Depends: libxvmc1 (= 1:1.0.1-5) but 6.9.0.dfsg.1-6 is to be installed
>   yaird: Depends: libhtml-template-perl but it is not going to be installed
>          Depends: libparse-recdescent-perl but it is not going to be installed
>
> Is anyone actually able to use a PalmOS device with Debian Testing or
> Unstable, or is that capability currently in the "transitional so it doesn't
> work" phase?  Is there any plan to either fix udev or make it conflict with
> the kernel-image (since it makes the visor.ko module that's part of the
> kernel package stop working)?

Currently I am able to sync my Palm VX with Evolution, jpilot or use the
pilot link tools via command line. I am running Etch with kernel 2.6.15,
udev 0.019-2, yaird 0.0.12-9. Hotplug is not installed and this is a
serial connection to the cradle. Not sure what your connection is but
don't give up yet. Do I remember reading back in this thread that your
connection is usb?
--
Jim Seymour <bluejay@speedfactory.net>