Re: PalmOS devices conflict with the kernel image?

Okay, I did a little research.  The kernel actually depends on
initramfs-tools, which depends on udef.  If I replace initramfs-tools with
yaird, in principle I can then reinstall hotplug and my system will work
again.

Unfortunately, for Testing yaird is currently uninstallable:

  libxvmc-dev: Depends: libxvmc1 (= 1:1.0.1-5) but 6.9.0.dfsg.1-6 is to be installed
  yaird: Depends: libhtml-template-perl but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: libparse-recdescent-perl but it is not going to be installed

Is anyone actually able to use a PalmOS device with Debian Testing or
Unstable, or is that capability currently in the "transitional so it doesn't
work" phase?  Is there any plan to either fix udev or make it conflict with
the kernel-image (since it makes the visor.ko module that's part of the
kernel package stop working)?

I'd submit a bug report on the udev package, but the developers explicitly
ask not to receive bug reports if a device is never created, which is what
happens with udev and the Palm.
--
Carl Fink                                   carl@finknetwork.com
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your