Squirrelmail

Hello!!
I've some problems after installing squirrelmail, the error is:
ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Unable to open this mailbox.

and

ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
Query: SUBSCRIBE "INBOX.Sent"

I know that probably the problem is in the directory creation under
homes; I've tried modifying the config.php of squirrelmail setting
default_folder_prefix but I've not solved the problem, I've create
directory under homes as Maildir... but nothing
I've used default settings using conf.pl but nothing.
IMAP (I use courier) server is ok.
Can you help me?
And what's the relationship between postfix user directory system (I
use /var/mail/user) and squirrelmail? Have I to change settings in
Postfix?

Thanks

--
Michele Della Marina