Re: [backports & security]

"Felix C. Stegerman" <flx@obfusk.net> wrote:

>   * Also, since even backports.org does not seem to have vim 7.0 and
>     kernel 2.6.16 (yet), what would be the best way/place to get these
>     from ?  Should I (try to) backport them myself ?

It is said that compiling your own kernel with make-kpkg should be
pretty easy. It generates a kernel package which you can than
install with "dpkg -i". Never tried it myself though ... Compiling
smaller software is generally just a matter of running "make" "make
install". YMMV

Andrei
(Albert Einstein)