Re: Debian Sarge Installation problem, ISO image is mounted from NTFS

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:47:31PM +0530, chandavarapu wrote:
> Primary problem is, I don't want to make 14 CDs. So I put all 14 ISO images
> on NTFS partition.
>
> I have the first cd of Debian Sarge r310ra installed with 2.6 kernel and I
> have the remaining 13 cd images on my windows partition on ntfs. I booted
> sarge mounted the ntfs partition and I then mounted the second cd iso image
> on my home directory.
> I now want to install the contents of the second cd and like wise I have to
> do for all 13
> I added
> deb file:/home/gopal/ntfs2-dir/debian/ sarge main
> to the sources.list file.  Later I ran apt-get update and this returns done.
> I think it should install the packages, but it just says done.
> Is there any other step after apt-get update.

1. If you can get to a network: change your /etc/apt/sources.list file to
point to the 'Net and download from there.

2. Mount the iso images using the loop device (the CD-Writing HOWTO
gives the best information) and apt-cdrom add them one at a time.

Apt-get update and use whichever package manager you wish.