Re: Debian Installation ISO DVD Image Files

Robert J. A. Fernandes. wrote:

I have downloaded DVD ISO Images files from this below location: -

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r2/i386/iso-dvd/

in this section the file size its shows 4.4G for
debian-31r2-i386-binary-1, but when I am downloading it give me 372MB
and for the another file debian-31r2-i386-binary-2 it shows 4.1G but
when I downloads it gives me 127MB.
Better check your internet connection. Most likely yor downloading timed out and left you with a partial download. Use the check sum given in the site to see if you have the complete file.

So is this file ok or has to be correct 4 GB? I have doubt just because
of this sizes. And is it according to above MB's then even I can burn on
normal 700MB CD's right?
Wrong. You cannot burn a DVD image on a CD. it wont work.

So what's the meaning of DVD ISO Files? I
didn't get?
These are image files of the DVD. you create a DVD using this ISO file.

what is an ISO file - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660

how to burn an ISO image : http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm (this is for windows users)

Ace.
--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff.