Re: my fonts changed

2006/5/31, cga2000 <cga2000@optonline.net>:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:06:22PM EDT, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Pooly <pooly7@gmail.com> [2006 May 30 16:25 -0500]:
>
> > >Maybe this will help?
> > >
> > >http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=367593
> > >

> > I changed my .fonts.conf to the one in the bug report, and that's much
> > nicer.
> > Many thanks for this pointer !
>
> I've tried so many things over the past couple of weeks that I have
> things so screwed up that it doesn't even seem to respond to changes
> anymore.  Joy, joy, joy!
>
> Hoefully someone will fix this so that my fonts can look better than
> those on the Winbox at work again...
>
> - Nate >>

Could you be a bit more specific - what fonts are posing a problem.. or
maybe I should say "where"..?

In other words, assuming you are using mozilla and have it open in a
full screen window - that's purely and example - you should be able to
see at least three "categories" of fonts:

1. The "content" fonts used to display web pages
2. The "widget" fonts used to display mozilla's menus & dialogs
3. The "window manager" fonts - title-bar.. menus.. etc.

Or maybe you could put up a screenshot somewhere - probably more
productive than trying to discuss these aspects via mail?

As far as I was concerned, all fonts were screwed. On the initial bug
report, there is two screenshots attached and it was absolutely
reflecting my problem (font hardly readable, and content, widget and
window manager). (I would have done the same screenshots).

Thanks,

cga

P.S. I spent about two months getting my fonts right in debian after
migrating from redhat..