Re: Running VMWare Player with 2.6.15 kernel

> On 5/29/06, Tony Terlecki < lists@tonyterlecki.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Has anyone managed to get VMWare Player (not the full Workstation)
>     running on top of a 2.6.15 kernel?

[snip]
I'm compiling
>     using the same kernel headers from the running kernel and the same
>     version of gcc as was used for the running kernel so it's not that.

Tony, i've been having trouble compiling vmware for the 2.6.16 kernel
and I was wondering if you could walk me through how you get your
headers, running kernel and gcc to match?  Whenever i installed what
looked like the correct kernel headers, I would get errors from the
vmware compiler that it was not finding the directory structure to be
how it was expected, or else it could not find the headers at all.

thanks for your help

adam

>     Thanks,
>
>     --