Re: Running VMWare Player with 2.6.15 kernel

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:03:08PM +0200, Mirco Piccin wrote:
> Hi Tony.
> It's yet late for me, so my mind is not in optimal conditions :-D...
> i remember I've found & tried the vmware-any-any-update, and it solved my
> VMplayer/VMserver related problems .
>
> Look at
> http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/
>
> Hope it helps you...
> Bye and...good night!

I was aware of the vmware-any-any patch and had tried it in the past
without success on the Player. I've just tried it again together with
enabling one additional feature in the kernel that vmware seems to want
to use (CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD) and everything compiled properly this
time. It may be a combination of those two things that finally got it to
work.

Many thanks,
Tony