Re: Gnome instead of KDE dialog in Firefox

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 03:41:39PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
>I'm running KDE, and when I save something from Firefox (an .iso, .wav
>file, etc), the "Save" dialog box looks decidedly Gnome-ish rather than
>KDE-ish. This "Save" dialog doesn't have a method for manually typing
>in a path, so I have to use the mouse to point-and-click through the
>entire directory tree; quite irritating. Konqueror uses KDE's "Save"
>dialog, so I think it's just Firefox that is askew.
>
>Any idea how to get Firefox to use KDE's "Save" dialog (or better, the
>"Save" dialog for whatever environment/wm is running)?

Not really what you ask for but have you tried hitting Ctrl+L? If it's a
GNOME dialogue it should give you a text box to enter a path... it even
has completion.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
     -- Hector Louis Berlioz