Re: Debian install hangs on "detecting network hardware"

On 29 May 2006 15:38:10 -0000, robert b <2z89jim02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
My Debian install hangs with "detecting network hardware" with "Starting PC Card services..." at the bottom.

I'm doing an "hd-media" install of Sarge since I don't have a floppy nor CD-ROM drives on this Sony VAIO PCG-5312 nor am I able to get the network install to work ('though, RedHat works fine with this network card; it loads the "e100" driver).

Is there a way I can bypass the "Starting PC Card services" part so that I might be able to complete the install?

Hi Robert,

Press F7 when you see the Debian logo. It will show you a screen with
some options and the one you want: hw-detect/start_pcmcia=false . So
it's just a matter to boot the installer with: linux
hw-detect/start_pcmcia=false

If it doesn't work you can try preseed some question (come back here
and tell me) or try a testing image if you can run something newer
than Sarge.

regards,
-- stratus