Re: probleempje..?!

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 03:42:21PM +0200, Philippe De Ryck wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 15:14 +0200, -=greya=- wrote:
> > hi,
> > ik heb onlangs de Debian 64bit netwerk-installatie cd gedownload,
> > deze herkent mijn SATA-DVD brander niet,maar ik raak ook niet verder dan de
> > herkennings module van de cd ..?
> > terwijl dit ee netwerk installatie cd zou zijn..?, t'is net of of de
> > software in een loop wordt gedrukt,ik kom
> > telkens bij het zelfde puntje uit, "DE HERKENNINGS MODULE VAN DE CD"
> >
> > GROETJES
>
> This is an english list, so try that :)
>
> I'll translate your post for now:
>
> > I have recently downloaded the Debian 64bit network installation disc,
> > which does not recognize my SATA-DVD burner, but I can't get past the
> > "cd recognition module" ...?
> > While this should be an network installation ...? It's like the
> > software gets into a loop, I end up at the same point over and over
> > "the cd recogintion module"
> >
> > Greets
>

> Now, a possible answer: Even if you have a network installation, the
> system can't install itself from nothing. Therefore, it will load the
> installation routine from the CD (kernel, app), which allows you to
> prepare your harddrive and install the base system. This base system
> will handle the rest of the installation.
>
> I don't know about your hardware, but SATA-DVD burner sounds quite new.
> I honestly don't know how good that is supported.
>
> which version did you download?

Another possibility if you can't get your DVD burner recognized is to
try a netinstall from boot floppies, if you network card is supported on
the net-drivers disk.  Then you can look into getting/compiling a kernel
with support for your drive in it after the system is up and running and
network-connected.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction.