about wireless card installation

I have a problem to setup my wireless card(Zyxel Zyair G-220). Below are
the steps I have done following the driver manual and research from
Internet:

1. download kernel source code(I used 2.6.16)
2. download driver and firmware, zd1211
3. compile and install driver and firmware.
4. switch on the wireless card: ifconfig wlan0 on
5. scan for available AP: iwlist scanning
6. join AP: iwconfig wlan0 ESSID "XXXX"
7. give password(ascii): iwconfig wlan0 key s:abcd
8. I can see the wireless is existed under "/proc/net/wireless"

If I run "iwconfig" I can see the ESSID, MAC address, channel, bit rate
of the AP I have joined. It all looked good.

However, I don't get IP from "dhclient wlan0" which said no DHCP offers
received. I have tried to setup IP manually but not working still.

>From the log of the AP it could see my wireless card though it didn't
allocate an IP to it. I have tried static dhcp but not working.

If I run "iwevent" it reported the following periodically:
"03:53:24.412160 wlan0 New Access Point/Cell address:Not-Associated"

Please give me a hand!!!!

jw