Re: arts/ALSA problem after unstable upgrade

On Saturday 27 May 2006 21:24, David R. Litwin wrote:
> Logical: You (most probably) have only one repository for Sid (don't
> see why you'd need more) and this one has but one version of each
> package. Therefore, you may wish to use the manual solution: I found
> it very easy. Don't be alarmed by the statements that various other
> packages won't work: you are installing an other version of that which
> you take out.

Ok, this makes sense.  I'm coming from the Gentoo world where emerge lets
you choose from many different versions of each package.  I've seen
screenshots with aptitude where multiple package versions are shown, too,
so I just assumed I was missing out on something.  Thanks for the
clarification.

--
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny.
 Free men pull in all kinds of directions."