Re: arts/ALSA problem after unstable upgrade

On Saturday 27 May 2006 13:04, David R. Litwin wrote:
> The problem is with libasound2. To quote Linas Žvirblis:
>
> "If you do not use aptitude (I highly recommend it), you can do it
> manually:
>
> 1. Download libasound2_1.0.11-4_ARCH_NAME-HERE.deb from [1];
> 2. Remove the package by running...
> "dpkg -r --force-all libasound2"
> ...as root;
> 3. Install previously downloaded deb by running...
> "dpkg -i DEB_NAME_NAME"
> ...as root.
>
> [1] http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/alsa-lib/";
>
> That should take care of it.

Ok, so I'm trying to use aptitude to downgrade, but it only shows one
version (1.0.11-5) available for the libasound2 package.  In fact, all
packages only show one version available as far as I can tell...  I haven't
found any explanation online as to why there aren't multiple versions
available through aptitude.  Could there be something wrong with my
aptitude configuration or my sources (ftp.debian.us.org)?  Or does sid only
track one version of each package?

--
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny.
 Free men pull in all kinds of directions."