window placement in kde

Currently whenever a new window is opened, kde decides where to place the new
window. Instead of that, is it possible to give the control of placement of
new window to the mouse, then move the mouse to the required position, place
the window by left clicking on it?

If KDE's window manager cannot do this, is there any other window manager that
works with KDE and provides this functionality?

I am using Debian sid, KDE 3.5.2 installed from sid repositories.

I googled and searched in kcontrol options but could not find anything there.

thanks for any pointers
raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar