Re: keyboard not working anymore in Xorg

On 5/26/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 12:25:36 -0300, Henrique G. Abreu wrote:
> you check this files
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> the InputDevice keyboard thing, and
> /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86
>
> post it here if you find nothing,
> it seems that you have an error, just in the beginning of the second one

Good point about /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/. It reminded me of another
possible source of keyboard troubles. Please post the output of:

dpkg -l xlibs\* xkb\* | grep ^ii

Hi,

This is my xorg.conf, keyboards settings:

--
Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier     "Generic Keyboard"

--
debian:/etc/X11#  dpkg -l xlibs\* xkb\* | grep ^ii
ii  xkb-data         0.8-5           X Keyboard Extension (XKB)

Yesterday I already re-installed x11-common and xkb-data, without any luck.
Regarding the /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86 file, actually I don't
know how it should look like, so I don't know if this is correct or
not.

Nothing was changed in that the last months, I'm doing an update of
the packages almost daily. But 2 days ago I restarted my PC, so also
my X. And only then I noticed the problems. Most probably the update
which cased this problem happened already days or weeks ago, so it's
difficult to say which upgrade caused this problem.

Bart

--
Schelstraete Bart
http://www.schelstraete.org