Re: Cannon PowerShot A410

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:33:51 -0600
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>
> And another thing: when connecting the USB cable, make sure you have the
> camera in *playback* mode. If you don't, there won't be any connection
> and you'll be checking your cables all over the place, like I did.

And (unlike me) don't try plugging in another device in the supplied
USB cable. I tried that -and the usb cable no longer works. Canon
seems to use proprietary cables - had to go order another one for my
C310.

What (little) use I got out of the camera is that it's PTP (not a disk
device) and gtkam/gphoto2 fully supports it. I had no real problems
getting either to work.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.