Debian testing problems with laptop cd-rom

I was forced to use the 'install24' option with the Debian testing CD,
since the 2.6 kernel wouldn't detect my CD-Rom drive.

After booting, I installed the 2.6.15 kernel image, and restarted.

The difference between the two seems to be that in 2.6, my drive(s)
are detected as sd*, while 2.4 is hd*

My CD-Rom drive is still not detected, however.

dmesg | hdb in 2.4.27
hdb: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-L632D, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdb: attached ide-cdrom driver.
hdb: ATAPI 24X DVD-ROM DVD-R-RAM CD-R/RW drive, 2048k Cache

dmesg | ATAPI in 2.6.15
ata1: dev 1 ATAP, max UDMA/33
ata1(1): WARNING: ATAPI is disabled, device ignored.

I've tried adding 'libata.atapi_enabled=1' in menu.lst after the
kernel command, but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know what is wrong, and how I can fix it? :)

Thanks!

-Will Twomey