Re: APT-GET problem: does not have a corresponding .info file

Problem solved. I've just written the info file manually and it worked.

Here is the info I wrote:

Loadmodule: evasive_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_evasive.so

2006/5/20, Cem Kamil Kulekci <avorsi@gmail.com>:

2006/5/20, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 04:29:49PM +0300, Cem Kamil Kulekci wrote:

> **
> > 1 not fully installed or removed.
> **
> this is your problem. until you clear out that 1 package you will not
> be able to install anything.

It refers to libapache-mod-perl. I've tried more than one but nothing
happened. Shows earlier tries.

> > Need to get 0B of archives.
> > After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> > Setting up libapache-mod-perl ( ...
> > Error: mod_evasive.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
> > The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
> > Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
> > Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
> > on how to proceed
> > dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-perl (--configure):
> > subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 20
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> > libapache-mod-perl
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> >
> I'm curious why it refers you to debian-apache unless there is some
> apache specific stuff going on here in the install. I would guess this
> is definitely a packaging bug. Can you unpack the .deb and locate the
> .info file anywhere? maybe the install scripts are looking in the
> wrong place.

I've installed it from source code, there is no deb packages for mod_evasive.

and installation howto: