Re: APT-GET problem: does not have a corresponding .info file

Hi,

2006/5/20, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 04:29:49PM +0300, Cem Kamil Kulekci wrote:

**
> 1 not fully installed or removed.
**
this is your problem. until you clear out that 1 package you will not
be able to install anything.

It refers to libapache-mod-perl. I've tried more than one but nothing
happened. Shows earlier tries.

> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> Setting up libapache-mod-perl (1.29.0.3-6sarge1) ...
> Error: mod_evasive.so does not have a corresponding .info file.
> The above errors might cause apache to not work properly or start
> Please refer to the documentation on how to fix it or report it to
> Debian Apache Mailing List <debian-apache@lists.debian.org> if in doubt
> on how to proceed
> dpkg: error processing libapache-mod-perl (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 20
> libapache-mod-perl

I'm curious why it refers you to debian-apache unless there is some
apache specific stuff going on here in the install. I would guess this
is definitely a packaging bug. Can you unpack the .deb and locate the
.info file anywhere? maybe the install scripts are looking in the
wrong place.

I've installed it from source code, there is no deb packages for mod_evasive.

http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/mod_evasive/mod_evasive_1.10.1.tar.gz

and installation howto:
http://www.hostgeekz.com/guides/Security/59/Install_mod_evasive.htm

Cem