Re: [SOLVED] Re: Thunderbird insists on using galeon browser

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:19:59PM -0400, jlquinn wrote:

> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/04/msg02234.html
>
> Thanks for the tip.  It led me to the solution.
>
> gconf already had http and https url handlers set to firefox, so wasn't
> the source.  In addition, changing gnome-www-browser to be firefox
> didn't solve the problem either.
>
> Apparently Debian thunderbird actually uses x-www-browser instead.
> Updating this with update-alternatives finally solved the problem.

When you first installed thunderbird you have been asked if you want
urls to be handled the debian way or the gnome way. gconf
configuration will only be used if you chose the gnome
way. Otherwise, x-www-browser alternative is used to open urls.

To reconfigure this setting run:

  dpkg-reconfigure thunderbird

and select gnome.

If thunderbird still does not use your gnome preferred browser setting
(gconf), file a bug.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal