Re: Getting Thunderbird to use Firebird as default browser

> frans wrote:
>
> > Also thanks: I discovered by your information that the command:
> >
> > ln -s /usr/bin/mozilla /etc/alternatives/gnome-www-browser
> >
> > worked fine!!!
>
> The true Debian Way (tm) would be:
>
> #update-alternatives --config gnome-www-browser
>
> This will give you a list of possible browsers to choose from.

I installed Firefox from the tarball and not the Debian package a few months ago, and was not able to use update-alternatives because it did not recognize Firefox as satisfying the gnome-www-browser requirements.  In this case, I discovered you have to run gconf-editor and set the http and https handler to your Firefox binary manually.  Then all was well.

    - Dave