network configuring in debian question]

Thank you Sven for your consideration.
All the machines, we have, are running with Debian GNU/Linux 2.6.x.
The laptop we are going to move,in remote location, has
/etc/network/interface file that looks like the following:

auto lo eth0 ppp0

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.xx
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.0.xx

iface ppp0 inet ppp
        provider yyy

'network/interfaces' file for our gateway looks like the following:

auto lo eth0 eth1

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.xx
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.xx

iface eth1 inet static
        address 209.87.243.xxx
        netmask 255.255.255.224
        gateway 209.87.243.xxx
        broadcast 209.87.243.xxx

iface ppp0 inet ppp
        provider xxx-dialup

We connect to the gateway by "ssh gateway" then to the remote laptop in
order to have access to other remote machines.
Please let me know if this information is enough to get help.

I really appreciate your time and help.

Regards,
Jila

> Jila Zakizadeh wrote on 16/05/2006 16:14:
>> We have two routers in different places that have own LANs. We are
connected to the machines through the gateways of these routers. Now, I
want to move one of these gateway to another place with different
provider. I would like to know what are the requirements and How would
I reconfigure network setting in order to have connection between
machines as before. Actually I went through Debian reference, and I am
in doubt to
>> be able to configure properly and if I wont mix up whole system. Your
timely response is highly appreciated.

> You are actually asking on the wrong mailinglist. Please direct your
questions at debian-user@lists.debian.org, debian-project is about the
further development of the Debian project itself rather than technical
issues with the use of Debian on your machines.

> However, to address your problem, I don't really understand your
problem. Are you using Debian on the routers you talked about or on the
machines connected to the given LAN? If the later is the case, you only
have to check which providers are supported by the router you intend to
move.  If your question is about routers running Debian, there would be
some details needed to actually answer your question:
> How do the two routers involved connect to each other?
> Do they have a common network on the "outside" of their respective LANs?
If not: