Re: Fonts Look Broken

Sigmund Scheinbar wrote:
> I did /not/ change any of my font settings. The strange thing is that in
> kdm the fonts look fine as usual.

I've made a little screenshot to show you what I tried to describe:
http://wieland.homelinux.org/broken-fonts2.png

For example compare the T of 'Test' and the T of 'Tools' as you may
notice the vertical line of the T in Tools is anti-aliased although not
necessary bc/ it is not curve / angular. I tried various
fonts/anti-alias settings but in kcontrol but it did not help.

wo/ sub-pixel anti-aliasing it can bee seen more clearly:
http://wieland.homelinux.org/broken-fonts.png

The very strange thing is that not all applications are affected by
this: gimp and firefox look find but thunderbird and konqueror do not.

Cheers,
Sigmund