Re: [desktop][netinst]How can i choose a kde as a default?

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:59:36PM -0500, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> Hello,
> 1. Is there a way i can install kde as a default windowing system from a
> netinst cd?
> I am using testing, and currently i would install default system(gnome)
> then uninstall gnome and install kde. This means i have to install gnome
> in order to install kde.
>
> 2. I would like to skip this process and from installation menu when
> selecting [desktop] I would like to choose a kde as a default windowing
> system. Who should i contact to make this change happen?

Maybe the easiest way to do it is to not select 'desktop', log in at the
console, fire up your favorite text-mode package manager, and install
kde + addons you want.  I doubt you can convince the d-i team one way or
the other--it used to give you a choice, I'm sure there's a reason it
doesn't now.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Absence makes the heart grow fonder -- of somebody else.