Re: Script to delete duplicate files

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 04:40:09PM -0700, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
} When moving numerous messages from one IMAP folder to another it
} turns out that I now have multiple copies of many messages in my
} folder (that I moved everything too). Going to the server, I can see
} that there are are in fact multiple copies of the same file. I was
} wondering is there a script someone knows of that would say something
} like, Ok, if the date and the size of the file are exactly the same
} then delete one of the two.

apt-cache show fdupes

You may need to write a script around it to get the exact behavior you are
looking for, but it does the hard part.

} Thanks
--Greg