Xorg and Intel 945G problem

Hello,

I have a Dell GX620 with an integrated Intel 945G graphics chipset, and I am attempting to run Debian sid amd64 on it. I used 'X -configure' to create an xorg.conf file, in which it creates the following "Device" section:

Section "Device"
        ### Available Driver options are:-
        ### [arg]: arg optional
        #Option     "NoAccel"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "SWcursor"                  # [<bool>]
        #Option     "ColorKey"                  # <i>
        #Option     "CacheLines"                # <i>
        #Option     "Dac6Bit"                   # [<bool>]
        #Option     "DRI"                       # [<bool>]
        #Option     "NoDDC"                     # [<bool>]
        #Option     "ShowCache"                 # [<bool>]
        #Option     "XvMCSurfaces"              # <i>
        #Option     "PageFlip"                  # [<bool>]
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
        BoardName   "945G Integrated Graphics Controller"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

However, when I try to start X using this configuration, I get the following message and it dies:

(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found

Googling on this has revealed a variety of issues, but most of them did not appear to be the cause of this. What seems to be causing this is the fact that the onboard display is apparently divided into two distinct devices:

ip-3-1-216:~# lspci | grep 'Graphics'
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 945G/P PCI Express Graphics Port (rev 02) 0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 945G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) 0000:00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 945G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

I tried adding a second "Device" section to the config file and changing the bus to "PCI:0:2:1" but the result is still the same.

When I was using etch, Xorg worked just fine. I upgraded to sid so I could install KDE, and that's when Xorg broke. Does anyone have any ideas about how this can be solved?

    Thanks!
    Dave

--

Dave Parker