Re: Sarge on HP DL 320 G4

Erik Dykema wrote:
> Hi-
>    Has anyone successfully installed Sarge on an HP DL 320 G4 ?  The
> installer seems to fail to load the network driver.  I've tried fedora
> 5 on the same machine and it seems to work fine (notwithstanding an
> iLO virtual keyboard issue)  and uses the tg3 network driver.

Are you trying to install Sarge with a 2.6 kernel? If so, then 2.6
kernel version in Sarge does not have the tg3 driver (due to
non-freeness.) The 2.4 kernel in Sarge, however, does still have the driver.

I believe there is a free driver in the later versions of the kernel but
they are not in Sarge.

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov