Re: Etch hangs on startup at: waiting on root file system ?

rusi pathan wrote:

Replace initramfs-tools with yaird and then do any kernel upgrades.

mustard lee wrote:

I put together a brand new Etch install today, which was working flawlessly for the first few boots. I think I may have done an apt-get upgrade prior to the last reboot and now its hanging on the startup with the message 'waiting on root file system'. If I try recovery mode, its the same. I've also tried noapic, nolapic, with no effect. Has anyone heard of this error recently? I'm not at the computer atm, or I would put in some more details like the kernel version. The best I can say is it is the most current 'testing' 486 kernel, as I installed an updated all this today. I suspect its something like 2.6.15.?-486. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Chris L.